FORENSIC CONSULTING SERVICES
MC Consultants serves clients nationwide in forensic related claims and litigation matters. Our expertise includes investigation of construction defects, construction site accidents and injuries, product failures, and first- and third-party property damage analysis.
For over 30 years MC’s team of professional consultants, including architects, engineers, construction managers, general contractors, cost estimators, water intrusion experts and project managers, have leveraged their extensive backgrounds in both construction and construction forensics to deliver industry-leading third-party quality assurance consulting services.
MC investigates client projects through professionally managed systems and protocols, state-of-the-art technology, and success-driven project management. Our staff includes highly experienced, licensed and credentialed Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, and industry specialists. The mc team’s approach to forensic investigation ensures an “unmatched total solution” for every client.
MC Consultants provides the professional and technology resources required to meet our clients’ forensic consulting needs. Using an integrated coordination of experts and information, mc gathers, organizes, and analyzes project information providing recommendations custom tailored to our clients’ project goals and objectives.
- Documentation of accident sites and vehicles
- Examination, testing and evaluation of vehicle systems and components
- Analysis and reconstruction of accidents involving personal and commercial vehicles
- Evaluation of human, vehicle, and environment factors
- Occupant kinematics and injury analysis
- Computer-aided simulation and animation of accidents
- Analysis of perception/reaction and vision/visibility issues
- Analysis of pedestrian/vehicle accidents
- Articulated vehicle dynamics and braking systems
- Commercial vehicle safety
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Driver hours of service
- Tractor-trailer rollovers
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Data Analysis
Interactive models and animated exhibits enable our team and our clients to gain crucial insight to help resolve litigation disputes. Whether this includes construction defect, personal injury, environmental disaster, or accident re-creation, our animation productions (visuals) will provide clarity to the team leaders involved.
Roofing Systems Consulting
MC provides consulting services for roofing systems and for the investigation of water intrusion due to roofing failures or deficiencies. MC services include analysis of roofing system specifications, visual inspections, destructive testing, photo documentation, material analysis, repair recommendations, and cost estimates. MC’s professionals are available to offer third-party opinions and recommendations for most roofing matters and, when needed, provide litigation support and expert testimony for trial.
Roofing Systems Consulting includes:
- Standing seam and architectural metal roofing
- Single-ply roofing
- Clay and cement tile
- Architectural gutter assemblies
- Asphalt and coal tar pitch build-up roofing
- Cold process built-up roofing
- APP modified bitumen roofing
- SBS modified bitumen roofing
- Fluid-applied elastomeric roofing
- Wood shakes and shingles
- Copper and lead-coated copper roofing
- Asphalt shingles
- Metal fascia assemblies
- Sprayed in place polyurethane foam
- Standard and architectural flashing
- Built-in gutter assemblies
- Scissor Lifts
- Boom Lifts
- Aerial Trucks
- Vertical Lifts
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Dump Trucks
- Water Trucks
- Architectural Design Consultation
- Building Code Analysis
- Cause and Origin Investigations- Water intrusion investigation, etc.
- Commercial Construction
- Construction Defect Investigation
- Construction Management Standard of Care
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction Site Accidents/OSHA Safety
- Cost of Repair/Cost Estimating
- Delay Claims
- Engineering Design Consultation (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering)
- General Contracting Standard of Care
- Historic Buildings
- Pre-Suit and Third-Party Litigated Claims
- Repair Methodology/Development of Scope of Repair
- Residential Construction
- Vibration Claims
- Customized In-House Mold/Bacteria Programs
- Microbial/Bacterial Assessments
- Category of Water Assessment (Cat 1, 2, 3)
- Project Design and Oversight
- Legionella Sampling
- Hospital or Patient Acquired Bacterial Infections
- MRSA Sampling
- Surgical Suite and Critical Care Patient Microbial Assessments
- Bone Marrow Transplant Room Microbial Assessments
- Sewage Post Clearance Sampling
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Initial Asbestos Air Monitoring
- Final Asbestos Air Monitoring
- OSHA and EPA Compliance Sampling
- Lead Based Paint Inspections
- OSHA Compliance Sampling
- Health Hazard Evaluation
- OSHA PPE Recommendations
- OSHA Hearing Protection Program
- OSHA Heat/Cold Stress Program
- OSHA Dust Control Program
- OSHA Construction Site Accident Investigations
- Environmental Health and Risk Assessments
- Confined Space Management
- USP 797 Sampling
- Meth Lab Testing
Indoor Air Quality
- Sick Building Syndrome
- Ventilation Inspections
- Air Contaminate Source Analysis
- Air Exchange Sampling
- Volatile Organic Chemical Sampling
- Fire/Soot Sampling
- Radon Testing
- Microbial and Other Biological Sampling
Exterior Building Finishes Consulting
MC provides consulting services for the investigation of water intrusion due to veneer or wall systems failures or deficiencies. mc’s services include analysis of veneer and wall systems specifications, visual inspections, destructive testing, photo documentation, material analysis, repair recommendations, and cost estimates. mc’s professionals are available to offer third-party opinions and recommendations for most exterior veneer or wall system matters and, when needed, provide litigation support and expert testimony for trial.
Wall Systems Consulting includes:
- Masonry and cavity walls
- Metal cladding systems
- Window and curtain walls
- Vehicular Fire
- Chemical Fire
- Residential & Industrial
- Investigation and analysis of first-party and third-party claims
- Investigation and analysis of pre-suit claims
- Litigation support for first-party and third-party claims
- Presentation of claims for first-party or recovery claims
- Litigation Support for Construction Related Claims
- Presentation of Claims for First-Party or Recovery Claims
MC Virtual-360™ provides our clients with innovative 360-degree photographic technology. MC first began to use reality capture technology back in 2016. MC Virtual-360™ positions the technical operator to capture a 360-degree image of a room or open space.
Using an integrated coordination of experts, technology and information, MC gathers, organizes, and analyzes project information providing recommendations custom tailored to our clients’ project goals and objectives. MC Virtual-360™ incorporates the professional and technological resources required to meet our clients’ forensic consulting needs.
MC Virtual-360™ Value to Clients
• Makes the intangible tangible!
• Perfect for residential, commercial, hospitality, municipalities and industrial 360-degree photograph captures
• Simplification of data (replacement of complex descriptions such as reports with visuals)
• Great for scanning any size space, resulting in providing high resolution images for print or transfer to animation software
• Elimination of uncertainty due to incorrect recollection
• Interior design/space planning/coordination
• Reality capture for insurance. Deviation analysis after a loss
• Single room or entire structure reality capture capabilities
• Virtual Tours
- Hip, Knee & Disc Replacement Failure Analysis
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Biomechanical Injury Analysis
- Slip Resistance / Coefficient of Friction Testing
- Design and Construction Code Compliance Evaluations
- Trivial Defect vs. Non-Trivial Defect Analysis
- Lighting Evaluations
- Industry Standard of Care Evaluations
- Metallurgical Analysis, i.e., bolts, cables, wires, metal pipe, and the steel belting of tires.
- Plastic and Rubber Investigations, i.e., plastic thread failures, plastic plumbing failures, rubber gaskets and seals, irrigation systems, water filtration systems, and toilet valves.
- Corrosion Analysis
MC Intelligence™ positions MC Consultants’ forensic team to perform rapid analysis of large volumes of documentation (via artificial intelligence). This capability enhances the wide range of industry-leading construction and forensic consulting services performed by MC Consultants.
MC Intelligence™ provides our clients with a simplified model of prioritizing evidence first through Ai-enhanced workflows. Construction litigation data sources and the volume of data continues to grow exponentially with the widespread adoption of new project management platforms, as well as collaborative cloud-based communication and work platforms. The methods of how companies collect, analyze, and present this information have a direct impact on just about every aspect of the case. Fortunately, the technology, workflow, and expertise needed is evolving just as quickly. We now can re-establish evidence as the foundation of discovery by leveraging technology advancements such as Ai-enhanced workflows, provided through MC Intelligence.
- Focus on the key individuals first to find out who, what, when, where, and why?
- Use that information to develop the early case strategy.
- Use analytics and Ai to reduce the universe of documents reducing all downstream discovery costs.
- MC Intelligence drastically reduces the time to review the work product.
- If what we are looking for changes or expands, we never have to start over. Simply change the search terms and filter through the relevant data at a moment’s notice.
- Highway construction projects
- Highway safety assessments
- Railroad right of way
- Railroad-highway grade crossings, railroad-pedestrian grade crossings and pedestrian-roadway crossings
- Traffic regulations and controls
- Transportation safety
- Work zone and workplace safety (pedestrians, vehicles and workers)
D.A.V.I.D. DRONE – AERIAL VEHICLE FOR INVESTIGATION AND DOCUMENTATION
MC Consultants’ D.A.V.I.D. services consists of cutting-edge drones and highly experienced operators to provide a wide range of aerial investigation services through the application of aerial photography and videography.
Below Grade and Above Grade Waterproofing Investigation and Consulting Services
Waterproofing System Consulting – The team is exceptionally qualified to advise on proper installation techniques or identify the cause and origin of failure in below grade or above grade waterproofing, and recommend short- and/or long-term repair strategies. Our experience in water intrusion investigation is supported by our twenty years of forensic analysis associated with construction defects.
Waterproofing Systems Consulting includes:
- Bentonite clay waterproofing
- Pre-formed, sheet applied waterproofing
- Cementitious moisture barrier
- Expansion joint systems
- Water repellent/waterproof coating evaluation
- Fluid-applied, rubberized asphalt, below-grade waterproofing
- Fluid-applied elastomeric waterproof coatings
- Parking structures
- Traffic and pedestrian deck coating systems