CONSTRUCTION CONSULTING SERVICES
Since being founded in 1989, MC’s team of professionals, including architects, engineers, construction managers, general contractors, cost estimators, water intrusion experts and project managers, have leveraged their extensive backgrounds in both construction and construction forensics to deliver industry-leading consulting services.
At MC Consultants we believe that Quality is not achieved by accident but is the result of intelligent conscious effort by all members involved with the construction project. Obtaining consistent construction quality only happens through hard work and a dedicated team culture.
Interactive models and animated exhibits enable our team and our clients to gain crucial insight to help resolve litigation disputes. Whether this includes construction defect, personal injury, environmental disaster, or accident re-creation, our animation productions (visuals) will provide clarity to the team leaders involved.
Architectural Plan Peer Review services are limited to and performed within MC’s West Region Markets. Our architect consultants utilize the knowledge they have acquired from forensic investigation on construction project failures over the years.
So why is this important to your company? Every residential construction project is built from a set of plans prepared by the licensed Architect of record. Their job focuses on pre-construction design services. Our Architects have the experience from pre-construction design, to course of construction consulting, to architectural forensic review as to why the building component failed and what could have prevented it from happening in the first place. There simply is no better time to address a potential construction failure than in the pre-construction planning phase.
The Architectural Plan Peer Review starts by focusing on major building components and systems that have historically been proven to be problematic. Next, we address coordination issues between building elements, inconsistencies between drawings or between drawings and specifications, missing elements or details. Attention is given to incorrect detail referencing, confusing or conflicting direction in either drawings or specifications, and code compliance. Recommendations are made as to materials, details, or current approved building codes which are, historically, prone to failure. Specified finishes with known problems due to improper permeability – or material applications not considered suitable for the particular environment or climate are also identified during this phase.
Key areas of focus include:
- Acoustical Issues
- Structural Ambiguities
- Area Separation Walls & Occupancy
- Separation Assemblies
- Subterranean Waterproofing
- Exterior Cladding & Weatherproofing
- Window & Doors Installation
- Incomplete, Missing or Ambiguous Details
- Finishes, Interior & Exterior
- Landscaping & Irrigation System
- Life Safety Issues
- MEP – Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Systems
- Product Conflicts
- Roofing System
- Structural Components
- Waterproofing & Overall Impermeability
- Waterproofing & Flashing Systems
CA SB-721 Exterior Elevated Element Inspections
MC’s consulting services are designed to support compliance with California’s SB-721 requirements.
The purpose of the SB-721 Chapter 445 inspection, Article 2.2 17973 (a) is to determine that exterior elevated elements and their associated waterproofing elements are in a generally safe condition, adequate working order, and free from any hazardous conditions caused by fungus, deterioration, decay, or improper alteration to the extent that the life, limb, health, property, safety, or welfare of the public or the occupant is not endangered. California Law SB-721 requires periodic inspections on multi-family apartment buildings with three or more units. Owners have until January 1, 2025, to complete the first inspection. MC Consultants will verify all County Addendums to SB-721 Elevated Exterior Element Inspections.
Included in the scope of inspection are a visual assessment performed by California Licensed General Contractors, exemplar photographs, a written evaluation of each exterior elevated element, and a conclusion written by a California Licensed Architect or California Licensed Structural Engineer providing a determination whether the representative project’s EEE require any Corrective Work to comply with SB-721’s building standards. All project reports will be approval stamped by a licensed Architect or Structural Engineer.
- Real Estate Transactions or Development Assessments
- Builder / Developer Property Assessments
- Project Takeover Assessments
- Property Maintenance and Warranty Assessments
- Incomplete or Distressed Property Assessments
- New Construction Safety Audit Inspection
- Builder / Developer Risk Assessment
- Insurance New Policy Binding Assessment
- Insurance Policy Renewal Risk Assessment
- Cosmetic Condo Conversion (Limited Scope of Work)
- Condo Conversion (Based on conversion Scope of Work)
- Construction Management Advisor “CMA”
- Owners Representation “OWR”
- Property Rehabilitation Oversite
- Post Property Claim Repair Oversite
- Water Spray Testing on New and Existing Construction
- HVAC Systems
- Green Building Systems
- New Construction Building Envelope
- Trade or System Installation Inspection and Documentation
- Off Site Construction Fabrications
D.A.V.I.D. DRONE – AERIAL VEHICLE FOR INVESTIGATION AND DOCUMENTATION
MC Consultants’ D.A.V.I.D. services consists of cutting-edge drones and highly experienced operators to provide a wide range of aerial investigation services through the application of aerial photography and videography.