OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
This training is for maintenance and custodial workers involved in general maintenance and asbestos-containing material repair tasks.
The job may involve repair or removal of a small amounts of ACM or ACM debris. This training generally lasts at least 14 hours.
– Federal, state, and local asbestos regulations
– Proper asbestos-related work practices
– Descriptions of the proper methods of handling ACM, including waste handling and disposal
– Respirator use, care, and fit-testing
– Protective clothing donning, use, and handling
– Hands-on exercises for techniques such as glovebag work and HEPA vacuum use and maintenance
– Appropriate and proper worker decontamination procedures
– O&M program outline