AHERA WORKER REFRESHER
The annual 1-day (8 hours) refresher training for asbestos abatement workers
This course offers a review of the topics originally presented in AHERA Worker training, plus concentrates on updates & new developments in government regulations, asbestos abatement industry standards, and state-of-the-art work practices.
– Asbestos in Historical Perspective
– Asbestos Types
– Uses and Applications
– Health Effects and Medical Surveillance Requirements
– Current State and Federal Regulations
– Air Monitoring and Sampling
– Bulk Sampling and Analysis
– Worker Protection Equipment
– Negative Pressure Systems
– Glove Bag Removal
– Establishing High-Integrity Asbestos Abatement Work Areas, and Proper Abatement Practices & Procedures
– Updates & new developments in government regulations, asbestos abatement industry standards, and state-of-the-art work practices
This course meets all EPA, OSHA, and AHERA requirements.
All certified persons must take annual refresher courses to maintain valid certification as required by federal regulations.